BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nine

That's how many days are left til Cole is back in GA! I know he's having a blast in Alaska and learning and experiencing SO much but I'll be happy when he's back home on Georgia soil.
(Picture of him below fly fishing for trout with my mom)



Since he has been gone, I've had time to reflect. I work and volunteer but other than that, I'm home most of the time. While both of those, work and volunteering, do satisfy me and make me happy (for the most part), I'm missing that "hobby" or special thing that's unique to me that makes me happy. I've realized that in my bored weekends while Cole has been away. What do I like to do? What makes Angie happy outside of work? My boss asked, "What do you like to do for fun?" I was stumped...couldn't answer. Sad. So I'm determined to work on this...

I do love the beach but that's not a year round thing. I like to read books but not sure you can qualify that as a hobby. I like to cook but it's hard to motivate myself to cook for one. I enjoy knitting but don't do it enough to consider it hobby material. I love live music but don't want to be a groupie (if I'm not already considered one for Will Hoge). I love traveling but that requires money that I don't have!

So, I've narrowed down the things I do that are NOT hobbies. Now to come up with a hobby and stick with it. Suggestions are welcome! ;-)

0 comments: