BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Beach is my Cathedral

That's right. The beach. It's where I find tranquility and peace and am at awe at creation. It's where I am reminded how small I am in comparison to the world and, in turn, so are my problems. I have been to the beach, with only one exception, every weekend for the last 8 weeks. It's starting to get hot out there so I know my regular appearance will be over soon. I've started looking around for good battery operated mist fans (like they have on the sidelines of football games) that are reasonable in price. If you see any, let me know so that my ventures to paradise don't have to stop just because it feels like an oven outside.

Sometimes I take a good book, sometimes my iPod and sometimes it's just me and the music nature provides. I sit and watch people, the tides, the birds and my toes. I've been known to build my own sandcastle or to body surf but, most times, I just sit and take it all in.

Maybe it's the Vitamin D from the sun or just the peace of not being at home (and all the tasks waiting there) or at work (and all the tasks waiting there)...but the beach (Tybee) is my happy place. It's where I can think as deep and long as I want or where I can clear my mind of all thoughts. If only I could move further south to have this year round...or maybe I can find some kind of indoor equivalent for the winter months. I'll be on the lookout.

Leaving you with my view from today's trip to my cathedral...enjoy!


PS - Update on Cole's trip: After traveling 20 hours and making two plane changes BY HIMSELF in Chicago and Seattle, Cole safely arrived in Anchorage, AK at 6am (EST) on Thursday! He will be spending the month there with my mom and will be back July 3! He's already been biking (20+ miles) and gone fly fishing...and that's only 4 days in!

0 comments: