BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Multi tasking at it's best

I often look at facebook and think, Oh, there's "so and so", she had a nice day at the beach with friends and family. Oh, there's Katie, she's getting her drink on in Raleigh after a stressful week of school and work. Oh, there's Em, watching Lost with her friends in Athens. There's Caden at his first movie at the theater! Oh, Aunt Ann and her oral issues...yet another trip to Dr. Powell. I get a small glimpse of everyone's life just by small status updates or picture postings. I love it. Truthfully, it's not that I would just be picking up the phone instead, I just wouldn't know. Now, I just get to know.

And here I am. I'm here watching re-runs of episodes of TV shows that I have on DVD (no cable). And here I am planning my next day. Multi tasking at it's best. I can catch up on what my family and friends are doing, while watching TV, while typing my blog.

Cole is with me now. We had a good dinner and movie date with my dad, his "Pop", and it's one more full day with him til he's off to Alaska. More multi-tasking ahead...planning his trip, packing, laundry, anxiety, sleepless nights, and phone calls.

The question with multi tasking is that "If you're so involved with so many tasks, can you give one task your full attention?" The answer is "no". So, for now, my task is to spend the last few hours that my son will be on Georgia soil with him. Solely with him. No multi-tasking. Happy blogging!

0 comments: