BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

It is what it is. Is it?

I've been inspired by a few friends to set up a blog. 1) I am really bad at keeping people up to date on my life and 2) I keep a journal anyway so what's the huge difference in putting it down on the computer to share?. Part of the intimidation in setting up the blog was what to name it. Sounds like something small but there are all these cute and clever names and I'm just not that creative. I went with "It is what it is"' for the title of my blog because no matter what I write about or what kind of day I have, "It it what it is", right? Plus, that is something I say, either aloud or to myself, at least once a day.

Another way to say "It is what it is" is the Serenity Prayer, which I say daily too. I find myself shrugging my shoulders a lot and saying "Can I change it? No? Okay. (*shrug shoulders)
It is what it is." I've become a lot happier Angie since this discovery. I think those dealing with me on a daily basis have become a lot happier too.

My goal is to post about once a week. Sometimes more and sometimes less, I'm sure but hopefully, this keeps me in touch with those of you I've lost touch with and is an outlet for me to express my thoughts and get some feedback on just how crazy/dysfunctional/brilliant those thoughts may be.


See below: Adding some recent pictures of both my children.




Cole getting his Orange Belt - Taekwondo

Bailey being cute ;-)


1 comments:

thehollandfamily said...

I love the title. I only wish I could just shrug stuff off. Scott tells me too often that I need to develop a duck's back and just let things roll off. If you ever figure out the secret ingredient to this just let me know. SO glad you found me now I can follow yours